DHA Omega 3
WHERE DO DHA OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS COME FROM ?
The oil extremely rich in DHA Omega-3 is obtained by extracting it from the algae named Schizochytrium sp. , which contains 100% natural DHA.
THE BENEFITS OF DHA OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS
Plant based DHA Omega 3 is also safe to take for vegetarians and vegans. Among its many benefits are the following:
- Balance of Omega-6 and Omega-3 : Our modern-day diets often include far too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3 – and Algae DHA OMEGA 3 helps bring back the balance.
- Healthy cells: By promoting membrane fluidity, DHA helps improve communication between our body’s cells.
- Beneficial effects on the brain: Almost all of the brain’s omega-3 is in the form of DHA. A proper intake of DHA thus helps insure that the brain continues to function optimally, and also slows down aging-related cognitive decline.
Additional health benefits associated with DHA also include its protective effects on the retina, as well as its contributions to good cardiovascular health.
WHO SHOULD TAKE DHA OMEGA 3 ?
The DHA from Schizochytrium sp. can be consumed by anyone, including vegetarians and vegans.
It is particularly recommended for:
- anyone with a sub-optimal diet
- anyone who consumes little to no fatty fish
- anyone who consumes processed foods
- active people and athletes
THE COMPOSITION OF DHA OFFERED BY ALGORIGIN
DHA is a fatty acid that must be taken in via our diet. It is mainly found in oily fish or in the algae called Schizochytrium sp, which can produce up to 40% DHA.
DHA OFFERED BY ALGORIGIN
Selected by the Algorigin team
The DHA offered by Algorigin® is extracted from Schizochytrium sp. algae grown in England and refined on the coast of Brittany, France. With more than 20 years of expertise in marine-sourced lipids, our partner boasts a “Friend of the Sea”® certification that guarantees our products’ traceability. They are also an important player in the field of researching environmentally respectful processing methods for omega fatty acids. Their renowned know-how led to the birth of the “Qualitysilver” technology that ensures protection against oxidation – and unmatched stability in the available products.
Algorigin® has chosen to partner with this supplier in order to offer you a high-quality, stable, GMO-free, 100% plant-based product that also reflects our own vision for sustainable development.
 Ashford A. & al. : Electron microscopy may reveal structure of docosahexaenoic acid-rich oil within Schizochytrium sp. Lipids. 2000 Dec;35(12):1377-86.