A list of recognized studies on Spirulina
Since the 1980s, Spirulina has been the subject of dozens of scientific studies by researchers around the world.
- Gutiérrez-Salmeán G. & al. : Nutritional and toxicological aspects of spirulina (arthrospira). Nutr Hosp. 2015 Jul 1;32(1):34-40. doi: 10.3305/nh.2015.32.1.9001.
- Puyfoulhoux G. & al. : Iron availability from iron-fortified spirulina by an in vitro digestion/Caco-2 cell culture model. J Agric Food Chem. 2001 Mar;49(3):1625-9.
- Ciferri O. (1983). Spirulina, the edible microorganism. MICROBIOLOGICAL REVIEWS, Dec. 1983, p. 551-578 Vol. 47, No. 4 0146-0749/83/040551-28$02.00/0 Copyright © 1983, American Society for Microbiology.
- Wang J. & al. : Vitamin A equivalence of spirulina β-carotene in Chinese adults as assessed by using a stable-isotope reference method, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 87, Issue 6, 1 June 2008, Pages 1730–1737.
- Yang Y. & al. : In vitro and in vivo safety assessment of edible blue-green algae, Nostoc commune var. sphaeroides Kützing and Spirulina plantensis. Food and chemical toxicology : an international journal published for the British Industrial Biological Research Association. 2011;49(7):1560-1564. doi:10.1016/j.fct.2011.03.052.